Discretionary hardship payments for Council Tax

If you're struggling financially to pay your Council Tax bill you can apply for a hardship payment.

You'll need to:

  • provide details of your income and expenses
  • provide your last 2 months bank statements
  • show that you've taken all reasonable steps to resolve your financial difficulties

Hardship payments will be made under Section 13(a)(1)(c) of The Local Government Finance Act 1992 and are paid directly to your Council Tax account.

You need to continue to make Council Tax payments while your application is being considered.

Read our Discretionary Support Policy for more information.

Apply for support