Digital skills for jobs
Last updated 1 November 2023
If you're looking for work or want to develop your career, there are lots of resources you can use to improve your digital skills.
If you're over the age of 19, this Stockport College digital course could boost your employment prospects and support learning.
The Skills Toolkit
You can learn new skills through The Skills Toolkit website that apply to many jobs, including:
- practical maths
- computer essentials
- business and finance
- digital design and marketing
- computer science
Other useful resources:
- Lloyds Bank Academy have a range of free online lessons to help you learn digital skills for life and for work
- BT Skills for Tomorrow have a free programme with a range of courses, webinars and advice on things like getting a job or launching a new business
- Skills to Succeed Academy have a programme to help young people build the skills and confidence to make career choices
- Google Digital Garage have lots of free courses for you to improve your digital skills
- Switching to Digital: Greater Manchester Combined Authority directory of opportunities is a list of opportunities ranging from apprenticeships to online training
James StevensStockport resident
Having a connection during lockdown has allowed me start my own business. It has allowed me to keep everything going and store all my files in one place.