Last updated 7 December 2023
What we can help with
If you live or work in Stockport, we can offer you:
- specialist advice that's free, impartial and confidential
- case work
We can help you with complex debts issues including:
- Council Tax and other government and local authority debts
- rent and mortgage arrears
- energy and water debts
- complex single debts
We can assist you at court with:
- possession/eviction action for mortgage arrears
- rent arrears in social housing
- other county court money claims and enforcement of other debts
We can also help with debt solutions including:
- Administration Orders
- Debt Relief Orders
All our debt advisers are approved intermediaries for the Insolvency Service.
Our debt advisers are also authorised to access the Breathing Space scheme which provides legal protection from most debt enforcement for a period of 60 days.
Request an appointment
Use the button below to request an appointment.
If your referral does not meet the criteria for a specialist debt advice appointment or contain enough information, we may refer you to an alternative source of advice.
Other sources of advice
There are a number of agencies who can offer you advice with debt and budgeting. These include:
National Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice Stockport
- visit the Citizens Advice Stockport website
- call 0808 278 7803
- visit the National Debtline website
- call 0808 808 4000
- visit the Business Debtline website
- call 0800 197 6026
- visit the Money Helper website
For links to other support services, you can also visit our cost of living support pages.