Registration of deaths
Changes to certificate fees
From 16 February 2019, the Registration of Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnership (Fees) (Amendment) regulations comes into force. There will be changes to the following certificate fees:
- the three-tier certificate fees will be removed and replaced by one single (standard) fee of £11 per certificate, regardless of when the application is made. The fee of £11 will also apply to a Short Birth Certificate
- the introduction of statutory priority certificate of £35 for a 24 hour service
The new certificate fees are the same as the General Register Office.
3. Attending your appointment
On the day of your appointment you will need to go to:
Stockport Town Hall
John Street Entrance
If you are using a sat nav you will need to use the postcode SK1 3SL.
Parking is available at our John Street entrance (permits issued at the Register Office reception).
What happens next
After a death has been registered, one or more certificates may be purchased at the time of registration or at any time afterwards.
- at the time of registration: £4
- after the time of registration: £10
New fees for additional registration services
The Home Office have introduced new regulations under the Immigration Act 2016 to introduce new fees for services currently provided free. The fees have been set at a level to recover the full cost of the service.
The additional services for which a fee is payable, are as follows:
- consideration by Registrar/Superintendent Registrar of a correction application: £75
- consideration by the Registrar General of a correction application: £90