Dangerous wild animals

Under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, it's an offence to keep certain types of animals without a licence.

Licences cover:

  • the accommodation
  • welfare of the animal
  • fire precautions
  • the spread of disease

Licences are not required for zoos, circuses, pet shops, and places registered for animal experiments.

For more information, you can email us at licensing@stockport.gov.uk.

How to apply

To apply for a licence to keep dangerous wild animals, you must download and complete the form below.

Dangerous wild animal application form

PDF, 134 KB

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

There's an application fee which you must be pay when you make your application. You can find full details on our fees page.

How to submit your application and pay

You can submit your application via email to licensing@stockport.gov.uk.

You'll be sent a link to pay the fee online along with confirmation of receipt of the application.