Council Tax Support and how to claim

If you're a low income household you may be able to get a reduction on your Council Tax.

The amount of Council Tax Support you get will be based on:

  • your family circumstances
  • the money and earnings you have coming in
  • any savings you have
  • the amount of Universal Credit you receive

You can find out how much Council Tax Support you may be entitled to by using our online calculator.

Find more information about our Council Tax Support Scheme (PDF 19Kb)

Apply for Council Tax Support

Second Adult Rebate

If you're of pension age you can apply for a Second Adult Rebate, of up to a maximum of 25%, if a second adult living in your property is on a low income.

You may be able to get a reduction if:

  • you're of pension age and
  • other adults on a low income live with you and are responsible for paying Council Tax

Apply for a Second Adult Rebate