Cost of living advice line
Last updated 1 November 2023
Stockport residents are facing more pressure on household budgets due to the increase in the cost of living, food and energy bills.
Our Resident Advice and Support (RAS) team are on hand to help you. The RAS team can help you with welfare rights, benefits and debt support and urgent support in a crisis situation. We have specially trained officers on hand to support you and talk through all of the options available.
The types of things we can help you with are:
- financial support for rent and other essential items
- help finding the right community support
- checks on benefit and pension credit entitlement
- help with debt and paying council bills
- help to be more digital; get online and stay safe online
- help with accessing national cost of living support
If you're struggling with the cost of living and need a helping hand to navigate all of the support available, call us on 0161 474 2140.
The line is open Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4:00pm.
You can also:
- contact Citizens Advice free of charge on 0808 278 7803,
the helpline is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm
- visit the Citizens Advice website