Help for vulnerable people

3. Clinically extremely vulnerable residents

The government have provided guidance on protecting adults and children who are clinically extremely vulnerable, because of a pre-existing medical condition.

Visit the GOV.UK website to read the guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19. You can find a list of who is clinically extremely vulnerable and the actions you can take to keep yourself and others safe.

If someone else lives with you

The rest of your household are not required to adopt these protective measures for themselves. However, we would expect them to do what they can to support you and to stringently follow guidance on social distancing.

Getting help with food and medicines if you're shielding 

Ask family, friends and neighbours to support you and use online services. If this is not possible, the public sector, businesses, charities, and the general public are gearing up to help those who've been advised to stay at home.  

You can register for the support you need on the GOV.UK website. You can ask for help with food, shopping deliveries and any additional care you might need.

If you need urgent food or support you can call our local coronavirus helpline.