Help for vulnerable people
Last updated 13 May 2020
1. Coronavirus helpline for vulnerable people
We've introduced a dedicated coronavirus helpline for the most vulnerable people in Stockport. You can access support by calling 0161 217 6046:
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm
- Saturdays and Bank Holidays from 10am to 4pm
Call the helpline if you do not have a network of family and friends you can call upon for support, particularly if:
- you're over the age of 70 and you're self isolating
- you've received a letter from the NHS advising you're high risk and should stay at home
- you're medically vulnerable according to the government criteria and should stay at home
- you’re any age and self-isolating due to illness
- you’re experiencing financial hardship
- you’re experiencing food poverty
Our call handlers will provide advice and tell you how you can access practical support. This includes local support for those who are isolated and feeling alone.
You can also use our access coronavirus support online form.
We also have dedicated coronavirus webpages. They're regularly updated with all the key government advice, local service information and what to do if you think you have coronavirus.