Contact Emergency contacts
2. Adult and children social care services
For emergency help out of normal office hours we have an Out of Hours Service staffed by people with a good working knowledge and understanding of health and social care services.
The team works in partnership with other professionals and aims to make difficult situations safe for the people of Stockport. They provide emergency social work support to people in crisis and can deal with:
- problems with children and young people
- older people who are at risk and need immediate help
- people with mental health problems in times of crisis, including undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act
You can contact the out of hours service by phone on 0161 718 2118.
- Monday to Thursday: 4:30pm to 8:30am
- Friday from 4pm to 8:30am Monday:, with 24 hour cover on Bank Holidays.