Contact adult social care
Last updated 3 December 2019
Find more information, help and advice on our adult social care web pages.
If you'd like to make a referral to adult social care you can call us from 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday:
- Telephone: 0161 217 6029
- Minicom: 0161 217 6024
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
- your contact details
- details of the person you're referring including:
- date of birth
- reason for the referral
- confirmation you have the persons consent to contact us
Emergency help out of normal office hours
We also have an out of hours service which is staffed by people with a good working knowledge and understanding of health and social care services.
The team works in partnership with other professionals and aims to make difficult situations safe for the people of Stockport. They provide emergency social work support to people in crisis. They can deal with:
- problems with children and young people
- older people who are at risk and need immediate help
- people with mental health problems in times of crisis, including undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act
Call 0161 718 2118 to contact the out of hours service.
- Monday to Thursday: 4:30pm to 8:30am
- Friday: 4pm to 8:30am. Monday: with 24 hour cover on Bank Holidays