Contact adult social care
Find more information, help and advice on our adult social care web pages.
For enquiries that can't be answered on our web pages or an online form, use the email contact form below.
Please provide as much information as possible to help us answer your enquiry.
Emergency help out of normal office hours
We have an out of hours service. It's staffed by people with a good working knowledge and understanding of health and social care services.
The team works in partnership with other professionals and aims to make difficult situations safe for the people of Stockport. They provide emergency social work support to people in crisis and can deal with:
- problems with children and young people
- older people who are at risk and need immediate help
- people with mental health problems in times of crisis, including undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act
You can contact the out of hours service by calling 0161 718 2118.
- Monday to Thursday: 4:30pm to 8:30am
- Friday from 4pm to 8:30am Monday:, with 24 hour cover on Bank Holidays.
Other contact details
You can call us from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday:
Telephone: 0161 217 6029
Minicom: 0161 217 6024
Please note that contacting us by telephone costs more. It's also likely to take longer for us to deal with your enquiry.
If you contact us and we feel that you'd benefit from a social care assessment, we'll offer you a home visit to talk about your personal and practical needs and what help is available.