Have your say
We are committed to ensuring that consultation and engagement lies at the heart of how we work.
Why we consult
We use consultations to:
- work with residents of Stockport to help shape, prioritise and deliver better services
- give residents and businesses the opportunity to influence decisions about local services
- strengthen local democracy
- raise awareness of what the council does and how it does it
- contribute to the continuous improvement of our services to continue to make Stockport a better place
How we consult
We ensure the method of consultation we use is appropriate for what we are consulting on and who we are consulting with. We make sure that our consultations are legal by:
- consulting when any proposal is still at a formative stage
- including sufficient information to allow for intelligent consideration and response
- giving respondents time for consideration and response
- taking the findings into account when making decisions
To view our current consultations visit Citizen Space using the button below.