Community Rent Grants
The scheme is designed to help groups of residents in Stockport who are most in need of assistance with meeting room costs. Priority is given to groups where:
- members come from areas that have been identified as a council priority for community development initiatives. They are: Adswood and Bridgehall, Brinnington, Offerton and Central (Lancashire Hill, Heaton Norris, Town Centre and Hollywood Towers)
- members come from groups who are most likely to be vulnerable to poverty and isolation. For example the unemployed, lone parents, minority ethnic groups, older people and disabled groups
- the group’s activities help individuals gain new skills, meet new people, improve health & wellbeing or improve the local environment
The scheme aims to give groups initial funding which will help them to become more independent in the future. It will also enable them to cover their costs by attracting new members or finding other sources of income.
The scheme does not fund:
- groups who are profit making. This is where membership fees are set. They should be at a reasonable level to cover the general running costs of the organisation
- party political or religious groups
- fund raising activities
- groups where at least 75% of the membership are not Stockport residents
View the eligibility and awarding criteria (PDF 244Kb) for more information.