Last updated 19 July 2017
1. Secondary school clothing scheme
The Secondary School Clothing Scheme is for children in years 7 to year 11 at secondary school who receive free school meals.
- a child is eligible once during secondary school education
- it can be applied for at any time during secondary education
- if you apply for a child in year 7, if eligible they will be awarded a set of compulsory badged items for their school
- if you apply for a child in years 8 through 11, if eligible they will be awarded a £40 credit to spend at their school uniform supplier
Once you apply for the scheme you'll be directed to open a credit union savings account with a savings plan. This will enable the purchase of school uniform in subsequent school years.
The scheme will be available all year round. In exceptional circumstances it may be able to assist with the purchase of school uniform outside of the above criteria. Examples of this would be some form of disaster which has destroyed the uniform. This may be a fire or flood, or where a child has had to change secondary school and they would be in need of a new uniform.