1. About our Children's Centres
Children's Centres enable families to access support from midwives, health visitors, early years practitioners and family support. They also as provide opportunities for training and help into employment.
Children's Centres focus on the following areas:
- Child development and getting your child ready for school
- Helping parents improve their self-esteem and parenting skills
- Child and family health
Services provided by Children's Centres include:
- Access to quality registered childcare and early learning, including 15 hours free early education for 3 and 4-year-olds. This will help your child to develop and be confident when they start school. Centres will also advise you about the 2-year-old offer and do an eligibility check for you. Please ring your nearest centre for availability.
- Parenting and family support
- Antenatal and postnatal healthcare advice from health visitors and midwives, including breastfeeding support, introducing solids and healthy eating
- Employment, training and job seeking advice from our partnership with Jobcentre Plus
- Opportunities for volunteering and work experience
- Lots of fun activities and the chance to talk to other parents and make new friends
Additional services and activities will be available in some areas but will be based on the needs of the community.
If you're a new mum and on benefits, you can get free vitamins, fruit, vegetables and milk. This is through the healthy start scheme - ask your health visitor if you qualify.
Our friendly staff are always pleased to meet you. If you have a child under five come along and visit your local centre.