Children, young people and families
Last updated 26 May 2021
Coronavirus is affecting many different aspects of children’s, young people’s and family life. Normal routines have been disrupted and many children and young people are worried and stressed about the uncertainty of what the coming months will bring.
To help support you and your family, a new section has been developed on our Stockport Local Offer website. The website brings together all the latest information and a range of resources to help you and your family:
- resources and activities for children and young people to help keep them busy and entertained, and to help keep some routines
- emotional wellbeing; advice and support for parents, carers, children, young people and school staff to keep safe and well
- support for parents and carers; advice for adults about what you can do to help and support children and young people. In this time of uncertainty many children and young people will be feeling anxious and worrying about what's going on
The government has also issued guidance on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus outbreak. The guidance will be updated in line with the changing situation.
Healthy Start Scheme
If you’re pregnant or have children under the age of 4, you can get free vouchers or payments every 4 weeks to spend on:
- cow’s milk
- fresh, frozen or tinned fruit and vegetables
- infant formula milk
- fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
To find out if you're eligible and to apply, you can visit the Healthy Start website or call 0345 607 6823.