Children leaving care
Accommodation and the ability to cope with independent living is one of the biggest concerns for young people leaving care.
Young people say they are most concerned about:
- Being on their own
- Not being able to cope
- Not being able to get help when they need it most
- Not having enough money to live on
- Cleaning up after themselves
- Leaving care before they are ready
- Having nowhere to go or come back to
- Having nowhere to live
- Not being settled anywhere and having to keep moving around
Your social worker or personal adviser will work closely with you to support you with any worries or anxieties you may have and support you to move on to suitable accommodation that meets your needs.