Changing schools during the school year

Parent Portal

Parent Portal is now available, however we are aware of an issue affecting some applications. If you do have an issue email and try again in 24 hours. If you have issues uploading documents email them to Please make sure your child's name and date of birth are clearly stated.

3. How to apply for primary schools

If you're moving into Stockport or would like to change primary schools within Stockport during term time you should complete the application form below.

If you're moving to Stockport or moving within the borough you'll be required to declare your residency to us and provide documentary evidence to support this. We won't be able to progress with your application until we receive satisfactory evidence. When we receive your application, we'll write to you explaining this process.

You can apply online using our admissions system below.

Apply for an in-year primary school transfer