Changes in your circumstances that could affect your benefits

Housing Benefit

You must tell us about any change in your circumstances within one calendar month of the change happening.

If you're late in telling us, your Housing Benefit will be increased from the Monday after we receive the details from you.

Council Tax Support

You must tell us within 21 days of any change in your circumstances which may affect your Council Tax Support.

If the change means that the amount of Council Tax Support you receive has increased or decreased, a new Council Tax bill will be issued.

Tell us about a change in circumstances