Supporting Small Business relief
Last updated 13 January 2023
Supporting Small Business relief will help ratepayers who, as a result of the change in their rateable value at revaluation:
- are losing some or all of their small business rate relief; and
- will not see their bill increase by more than £50 per month or £600 per year
This will apply to businesses which:
- received small business rate relief in the 2022 to 2023 financial year; and
- saw an increase in their rateable value from April 2023; and
- had a reduction in their small business rate relief from April 2023; and
- saw their business rates bill increase by more than £600 per year from April 2023
The scheme will be in place between 1 April 2023 and 31 March 2026. Each year increases in business rates bills for eligible businesses will be capped at £600. The discount will end when:
- your bill reaches the amount you would have paid without the scheme; or
- the property becomes vacant or occupied by a charity or community amateur sports club
We've identified those ratepayers who are eligible to receive this relief. The relief will appear on your bills as Supporting Small Business, for each year that you're eligible.
The scheme is a new version of the scheme that was in existence from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2023.