Last updated 30 November 2021
If you're disabled or have a health condition that affects your mobility, you can apply for a Blue Badge. It allows holders who have difficulty using public transport, to park closer to where they need to go.
Holders can either be the driver or the passenger of a vehicle they're travelling in.
The Blue Badge allows:
- holders to park without charge or time limit in otherwise restricted areas
- parking on yellow lines for up to 3 hours, unless a loading ban is in place
Each Blue Badge costs £10 and they usually last up to 3 years.
You’re automatically eligible for a Blue Badge if:
- you’re entitled to certain benefits or
- you have certain health conditions or impairments
If you do not meet the automatic criteria, you might still be eligible under other criteria. This also includes non-visible (hidden) conditions.
Visit the GOV.UK website to find out more about the eligibility criteria for blue badges.
How to apply for, or renew, a Blue Badge
Visit the GOV.UK website using the button below to:
- check your eligibility
- apply for a Blue Badge
- renew a Blue Badge
- track your application
The online form guides you through the process.
To apply you’ll need:
- a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders
- proof of identity. For example; passport, birth certificate or driving licence
- proof of address, less than 12 months old
- proof of benefits, if you get any
- your National Insurance number, if you have one
- the details of your current Blue Badge, if you’re renewing
What happens next
Applications are normally processed within 12 weeks of receipt of your supporting documents and payment. If your application requires further assessment with a mobility assessor, it could take longer.
If eligible, you'll receive a Blue Badge through the post, along with information about the Blue Badge scheme rights and responsibilities in England.
If you're refused a Blue Badge, we'll tell you why you're not eligible. You can request a review of the decision.
Help applying for, or renewing, a Blue Badge
If you need help completing the online form, call Age UK on 0161 477 1213.
If you have general questions about Blue Badges call our team from 10am to 2pm on 0161 474 3422 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have access to a computer you can visit one of our local libraries. Computers are free to use and staff will be able to help you if needed.
Some websites can help you apply for your Blue Badge but they may charge for this service. To avoid additional costs always apply for, or renew, a Blue Badge on the GOV.UK website.