Green bin collections
Green bins will be collected every 2 weeks. Check your bin collection day and put your bin out before 7am. You can now put food waste in your green bin.
Bins and recycling
Last updated 22 September 2020
Bins are now being collected on their usual collection day. You can use your postcode to find your bin collection day.
If your bin has not been collected, you can use our online form to report a missed bin collection.
Your safety and that of our crews
The welfare of our staff, alongside the welfare and needs of our residents, are uppermost in our minds.
How can you help?
We'd really appreciate your help and support at this challenging time and ask that you reduce how much waste you put out for collection, if you're able to.
To help keep the bin crews safe, please follow this advice:
Protect your bin crews
Households that are showing symptoms of coronavirus and are self-isolating should continue to use the black bin collection service as normal, with the following important exceptions:
- put all used tissues and cleaning cloths in a plastic rubbish bag
- put each bag into another bag and tie it tightly when full
- keep these bags separate from the other waste
- put each bag aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your black bin for collection
- compost or store any grass cuttings and garden cuttings in your garden
- re-use and recycle as much as you can and please make sure your recycling is clean and dry
- store any extra waste like cardboard and paper in your home if possible