Bins and recycling
Last updated Yesterday
There are currently less bin collections at the moment due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Bin collection schedule
New schedule for bin collections due to the effects of coronavirus on the service:
Green bins will now be collected every 2 weeks. Check your bin collection day and put your bin out before 7am. You can now put food waste in your green bin.
There's no change to your black bin collection and they'll continue to be emptied every 2 weeks on your normal day.
Blue bins will be collected every 4 weeks. Your blue bin needs to be put out the same day as your usual brown bin collection.
There's no change to your brown bin collection and they'll continue to be emptied every 4 weeks on your normal day. Please put your blue bin out on the same day as your brown bin.
Your safety and that of our crews
The welfare of our staff, alongside the welfare and needs of our residents, are uppermost in our minds.
How can you help?
We'd really appreciate your help and support at this challenging time and ask that you reduce how much waste you put out for collection, if you're able to.
To help keep the bin crews safe, please follow this advice:
Protect your bin crews
Households that are showing symptoms of coronavirus and are self-isolating should continue to use the black bin collection service as normal, with the following important exceptions:
- put all used tissues and cleaning cloths in a plastic rubbish bag
- put each bag into another bag and tie it tightly when full
- keep these bags separate from the other waste
- put each bag aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your black bin for collection
- compost or store any grass cuttings and garden cuttings in your garden
- re-use and recycle as much as you can and please make sure your recycling is clean and dry
- store any extra waste like cardboard and paper in your home if possible
Bin and liner deliveries
All deliveries have been suspended and will start again as soon as possible.
All collections have been suspended and will start again as soon as possible.
Tip opening times
- Rose Hill, Marple: open Saturday 30 May from 9am to 6pm. From Sunday 31 May open Sunday to Saturday from 8am to 6pm
- Bredbury Parkway: open Sunday to Saturday from 8am to 6pm
- Adswood: open Sunday to Saturday from 8am to 6pm
From Saturday 30 May you can dispose of:
• general waste, including small bulky items
• garden waste, excluding soil
• wood and timber
• scrap metal
Only make the trip if it's absolutely necessary and you must observe social distancing measures. Visit our news page for more information.