Bins and recycling
Last updated 23 June 2020
There are currently less bin collections at the moment due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Bin collection schedule
Our new schedule for bin collections:
Green bins will be emptied every 2 weeks. Check your bin collection day and put your bin out before 7am. You can now put food waste in your green bin.
Black bins will continue to be emptied every 2 weeks on your normal day.
Blue bins will be emptied every 4 weeks. Your blue bin needs to be put out the same day as your usual brown bin collection.
Brown bins will continue to be emptied every 4 weeks on your normal day. Your blue bin should be put out on the same day as your usual brown bin collection.
Tip opening times
Our 3 tips at Rose Hill, Adswood and Bredbury Parkway are now open from Monday to Sunday from 8am to 6pm.
Visit our tips and recycling centres web pages for more information.
Your safety and that of our crews
The welfare of our staff, alongside the welfare and needs of our residents, are uppermost in our minds.
How can you help?
We'd really appreciate your help and support at this challenging time and ask that you reduce how much waste you put out for collection, if you're able to.
To help keep the bin crews safe, please follow this advice:
Protect your bin crews
Households that are showing symptoms of coronavirus and are self-isolating should continue to use the black bin collection service as normal, with the following important exceptions:
- put all used tissues and cleaning cloths in a plastic rubbish bag
- put each bag into another bag and tie it tightly when full
- keep these bags separate from the other waste
- put each bag aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your black bin for collection
- compost or store any grass cuttings and garden cuttings in your garden
- re-use and recycle as much as you can and please make sure your recycling is clean and dry
- store any extra waste like cardboard and paper in your home if possible
Deliveries have restarted and you can now request a bin.
Bin liner deliveries
All deliveries have been suspended and will start again as soon as possible.
All collections have been suspended and will start again as soon as possible.