Help with benefit appeals
3. Contact us
Local advice centres
Please visit one of our local advice centres if you:
- have received a benefit decision stating that you have been overpaid benefit or tax credits
- have received a benefit decision stating that you have been sanctioned
- need help completing a benefit form
- need help to request a mandatory reconsideration
- want to appeal a benefit decision and need help to complete an appeal form, SSCS1 or SSCS5
If the advisers at the centre are unable to resolve your benefit issue they may refer you to our service.
Requesting an appointment
Once you have submitted your appeal form SSCS1 or SSCS5, you can request an appointment with one of our Benefit Appeal Advisors if you need further advice and assistance regarding the appeal. In most cases we will also be able to represent you at the appeal hearing.
Appointments are held at Fred Perry House in the Town Hall complex.
You can contact the Help with Benefit Appeals team on 0161 217 6003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.