In January 2014 Stockport Council launched the UKs first independent Apprenticeships Store. The staff at the store can help young people learn about Apprenticeships and can support them to find a role that is suitable for their knowledge and skills.
The store enables members of the public to:
- register on the National Apprenticeship Service vacancy online website
- find information and advice about Apprenticeships
- view hundreds of current Apprenticeship vacancies with national and local employers
- apply for an Apprenticeship vacancy
- receive assistance with interview techniques
- gain an insight into the workplace by speaking to current apprentices
The Apprenticeships Store also allows employers to use the office space to interview, work or advertise for vacancies with help from staff members. It is designed to be a friendly, welcoming, informal environment where customers can drop in at any time and obtain advice and help.