Skip to main content

Applying for Housing Benefit

1. How to apply

The easiest way to claim Housing Benefit is to apply online using our online application form. Before you start you can find out how much Housing Benefit you may be entitled to by using the online calculator on BetterOff Stockport.

The Housing Benefit claim form gives details of our fast-track service so your claim could be processed within 5 working days.

  • The form is secure and all your information can only be accessed using a unique reference number. Please make a note of this number.
  • It may look long, but the form will help and guide you as you work through it, to ensure you only fill in the parts that are relevant to your claim. This makes it much easier to fill in than a paper form.
  • The form checks for errors and highlights anything you have missed.

Apply for Housing Benefit