Apply for a school place
Parent Portal is now available, however we are aware of an issue affecting some applications. If you do have an issue email firstname.lastname@example.org and try again in 24 hours. If you have issues uploading documents email them to email@example.com. Please make sure your child's name and date of birth are clearly stated.
5. Think about transport
Whilst we can provide assistance towards transport, eligibility for assistance is restricted to aid the most vulnerable in the Borough. Whilst thinking about which schools to apply for, think how you will get your child to and from school and consider;
- work commitments
- financial sustainability
- availability of public transport
- ill health
Things you need to know
- A reasonable walking distance is defined in law as; 2 miles for a child under 8 years old, 3 miles for a child over 8 years old
- Stockport Council will not provide assistance towards travel to and from a school within a reasonable walking distance
- Stockport Council will not provide assistance towards travel to and from a school above a reasonable walking distance if a school existed within a reasonable walking distance and had places at the point of allocation
- Parents/ Carers are responsible for the safety of their child and should accompany their child as required or arrange alternative arrangements
You can find more information about transport to and from schools on the travelling to school webpage.