Animal boarding establishments
All animal boarding establishments are inspected annually where health and welfare provisions are assessed for licensing purposes. All boarding establishments for dogs and cats need to be licensed by the council.
Local Authorities issue licences to proprietors of boarding establishments under the provisions of the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.
The licence can stipulate a number of conditions to secure the following objectives:
- that dogs and cats are kept in accommodation suitable in respect of construction, size, temperature, lighting, ventilation and cleanliness
- that dogs and cats are adequately supplied with suitable food and drink
- that dogs and cats are visited at suitable intervals
- that dogs and cats are kept secure
- that reasonable precautions are taken to prevent the spread of infectious diseases
- that appropriate steps are taken in the event of an emergency
- that a suitable and consistent level of management is maintained
The Health and Safety team inspect animal boarding establishments for conditions and legal compliance. To contact the team call 0161 474 4181 or email email@example.com.
For further information or if you have concerns about conditions at a particular establishment contact the Licensing team on 0161 474 4181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.