Advice and information for businesses and employers
Last updated 29 June 2021
The government has updated its guidance to businesses and employers to make sure workplaces have the correct measures in place to provide a safe environment for their staff.
The guidance covers the following areas:
- who should go back to work
- social distancing
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- managing your workforce
- managing contractors and visitors
- inbound and outbound goods
You can find guidance on the NHS test and trace service for employees, employers, and businesses on GOV.UK.
Advice for businesses reopening under the government roadmap
You can watch videos produced by the Greater Manchester Regulatory Centre of Excellence (GMRCE) to find information about reopening your business.
Coronavirus in the workplace
Use our online form to report a coronavirus outbreak in a business or local community setting. We'll respond Monday to Friday.
Jobs and workforce development
Stockport Jobs Match is a dedicated online jobs board, training directory and careers hub. It was set up at the start of the coronavirus pandemic and enables employers to advertise unlimited job vacancies free of charge in Stockport and within 10 miles of the borough. The service also helps local companies to attract and recruit local talent to support business growth and recovery.
Employers can find information about support available to grow their workforce by:
- accessing the Kickstart Scheme
- hiring apprentices
- offering work experience placements or recruiting volunteers
- developing their existing workforce via funded training schemes and local skills development initiatives
Advice and information
- Managing the emergence of COVID-19 cases in the workplace has guidance on how employers, businesses and workers can manage the risk of transmission in the workplace.
- Marketing Stockport has information and important guidance for employers and employees
- The Greater Manchester Business Growth Hub provides guidance and you can watch their webinar series to find out about the support that's available
- The coronavirus Business Support Hub brings together key information for businesses including funding and support, business closures, your responsibilities as an employer and managing your business during coronavirus
- One Stockport provides information about bringing businesses and communities together
- The Stockport Jobs Match Kick Start scheme helps to give young people the opportunity to gain vital skills and experience that will boost their employability
Emotional wellbeing and mental health support
You can encourage employees and colleagues to look after their physical and mental wellbeing at work generally, and put in place measures to support anybody who may be struggling.
Read about how to support your employees with their mental wellbeing and find information and resources to help you promote mental wellbeing at work.
For the latest advice on travel in Greater Manchester visit Transport for Greater Manchester’s frequently updated information. You can also find business specific travel advice and can sign up to TfGM’s business network where you will get regular updates and support.
Guidance for food businesses
Find guidance for food businesses on coronavirus on the GOV.UK website.