3. Testing for accessibility
As well as taking accessibility into consideration during our design and development phases we also use the accessibility checking service from SiteImprove to automatically test and report on accessibility issues with our website.
These reports identifies;
- current status of accessibility based on the A, AA and AAA ratings
- solutions to resolve any accessibility issues
- a tracking service towards compliance
- delegate and co-ordinates any accessibility tasks to the right team e.g. content designers, developers or user experience designers
When applicable we also commission an accessibility audit of the website to not only test our code and structure but also engage with real users to understand any challenges that they face when trying to access information on our website.
The latest accessibility audit commissioned by us was undertaken by the Digital Accessibility Centre during the September 2017.