Access NHS services
Last updated 16 June 2020
1. Register on the NHS App
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. It's available to download from the Apple Store for iPhones, or Google Play for Android phones. You must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP surgery in England.
You can use the app to:
- get advice about coronavirus
- check your symptoms
- book appointments
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your medical record
Once you've downloaded the app, you'll need to create a login.
To create a login you'll need one of the following documents:
- a passport
- a full or provisional UK photo driving licence
- a full European driving licence
- a European national identity card
- a letter from your GP surgery containing your registration details for their GP online services
You'll also need to prove who you are. This will involve either:
- a face scan using your device's camera
- recording a short video
To find out more about the app and how to create a login, visit the NHS website.