About Bramall Hall
Last updated 3 June 2021
5. Restoring the Hall
Bramall Hall’s restoration is now complete thanks to a £1.6m grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. See the dramatic improvements that have been made to the historic rooms, architecture and fabric of the building:
- the impressive plaster ceiling in the Withdrawing Room has been repaired and re-painted
- objects and items of furniture have been conserved
- hundreds of panes of historic, stained glass that were dirty and broken now sparkle in the sunshine
- the rooms have been brought to life by new interpretation boards which tell the Hall's fascinating story through film, virtual tours, interactives and a giant family tree
- there's an exciting programme of activities designed to bring the Hall and its restoration to life for all ages
- improved facilities, including modern toilets and a platform lift to improve access between levels on the ground floor
Major building development has also converted the rundown and under-used stable block into a gift-shop, small visitor centre and classroom.
The adjacent new café, Stables Kitchen, is a bright and airy space with a glass frontage that opens onto the walled garden for outside dining. It serves freshly prepared dishes and homemade cakes.