Change to our usual service

We're currently experiencing very high demand due to the impact of coronavirus. We will assess abandoned vehicle reports, but we'll be prioritising emergency issues which present a serious safety concern. This means that you may not get an immediate response from our team.

Check online to see if a vehicle is taxed or MOT'd. You can also report a vehicle that appears to be untaxed.

Abandoned vehicles

If you believe that a car, van or any other vehicle has been abandoned, you can report it to us using the online form below.

Not every vehicle reported to the council is abandoned, some are vehicles for sale, some are untaxed vehicles and some are legitimately parked and no further action will be taken. A council officer examines all the circumstances in each case to reach a decision.

Report an abandoned vehicle