Brinnington Park has been transformed over the last six years as a result of the ‘Brinnington Park SRB Project’ (which runs in conjunction with Brinnington Community First).
Through engaging members of the local community, and a strong partnership with the Friends of Brinnington Park, real and lasting benefits for the local community have been achieved. Important issues such as safety in the park have been addressed, and exciting new facilities have also been installed.
The park has recently been awarded the prestigious Green Flag Award.
Facilities & features
- A Multi Use Games Area
- A Skatepark (with artwork completed by local children through the Brinnington Arts Project)
- Two completely refurbishment Pavilions (the main pavilion can be booked for use by community groups.)
- Improved Bowling facilities.
- Improved Playground facilities.
- Re-surfaced internal footpaths and new footpaths to Reddish Vale.
- Two football pitches which have had extensive new drainage.
- A Safety By Design Strategy aimed at reducing crime in the park.
- Picnic benches.
- New signs and information boards.
- Task days and fundraising events (which are organised by the Friends of Brinnington Park.)
Disabled: Most parts of the park are wheelchair accessible. Disabled toilet.
WCs: Toilets available during park opening hours. Baby changing facilities available.
Dogs: You must clean up after your dog – scoop bins provided. Dog restrictions exist in some areas of the park.
Location and Directions
Parking: Free car park within the park.
Train: Brinnington train station is 5 minutes walk from the park.
Bus: Bus route 325 from Stockport runs near to the park.