When you give Notice of your intention to enter into a Civil Partnership, you need to show proof of identity.
The following documents should be produced to the Registrar on the day the notice is given:
- Passport where one is held. In the absence of a passport a Full Birth Certificate is required and, where the party giving Notice was born on or after 1st January 1983 their mother’s Full Birth Certificate is also required.
- Photo Driving Licence/other Photo ID/Bank or Credit Card with signature.
- Utility or Council Tax Bill or Bank or Credit Card statement showing current address.
- If a party has previously been in a Civil Partnership the Final Certificate of Dissolution.
- If a party's civil partner has died the Death Certificate of their former partner and the Civil Partnership Certificate.
- If a party has changed their name the Change of Name Deed/Statutory Declaration.
- If a party is under 18 years of age they will need the consent of their parent(s)or guardian.
To make an appointment to give notice of Civil Partnership please see 'Related Contacts' on th right of this page.