Cookies on the
Stockport Council Website

We use cookies on our website to help make your experience better. To find out more about the cookies we use, please read our Cookies Privacy Notice. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings, you consent to the use of the cookies on our website. Our Cookies Privacy Notice provides information on how you can reject or delete cookies via your browser settings.
I Accept Cookies From This Website
You Are Here : Skip Navigation LinksHome | Council Services | Community, People and Living | Births, Marriages, Deaths and Citizenship | Civil Partnerships | Documents Required

Documents Required

When you give Notice of your intention to enter into a Civil Partnership, you need to show proof of identity.

The following documents should be produced to the Registrar on the day the notice is given:

  • Passport where one is held. In the absence of a passport a Full Birth Certificate is required and, where the party giving Notice was born on or after 1st January 1983 their mother’s Full Birth Certificate is also required.
  • Photo Driving Licence/other Photo ID/Bank or Credit Card with signature.
  • Utility or Council Tax Bill or Bank or Credit Card statement showing current address.
  • If a party has previously been in a Civil Partnership the Final Certificate of Dissolution.
  • If a party's civil partner has died the Death Certificate of their former partner and the Civil Partnership Certificate.
  • If a party has changed their name the Change of Name Deed/Statutory Declaration.
  • If a party is under 18 years of age they will need the consent of their parent(s)or guardian.

To make an appointment to give notice of Civil Partnership please see 'Related Contacts' on th right of this page.

Listen with Browsealoud

Follow Us On...

Facebook  Twitter  You Tube  RSS Feeds

Your Recent History

You have no recent pages

After viewing articles, jobs or search results, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.

Your Recent Searches

You have no recent searches