Providing advice on a number of topics including Council services, benefits and money matters.
Stockport Direct operates from 12 local centres around Stockport, the majority of which are located in libraries, where people can get advice on Council services, benefits, tax credits, consumer problems, money matters, health issues, and housing problems.
Stockport Direct Centre
The Stockport Direct Centre in the town centre provides face-to-face access for customers, offering advice and information on a variety of Council services 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
It is located at Fred Perry House, Edward Street, Stockport SK1 3UR.
The following services are available during opening hours:
- Free internet access to council services/forms
- Free public wi fi
- General enquiry point/signposting service
- Enquiry point for complex Council Tax, Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support issues (8.30 - 4.30)
- Main Council Reception for visitors to Fred Perry House and Stopford House
- Free telephone access to some Council services